Saturday, May 2, 2009

Trust.

Definition of Trust- reliance on the integrity, strength, ability, surety, etc., of a person or thing; confidence.I think that this is very interesting looking at the word trust... especially in our relationship to Christ, because we choose to do things on our own whim whithout consulting Him first. why is that? why do we say we trust him one minutes then the next thing we know are doing something just based on the fact of "well i think this is what i want." After evaluating my own life over the past few years, I know I'm an offender in the worst degree, but also as of late looking at a lot of the people around me made me realize whats going on... we say that all of that salvation stuff and dying for our sins is great and all, but when it comes to my life this is what i want it to be like, i want this kind of job, i wanna meet this kind of guy or girl, this is where i want to live, i want this kind of house, i want this many kids, and so on and so on.... so if we trust Jesus so much why do we try to tell Him what to do? Doesn't it seem silly trying to tell the God of the Universe what to do?Maybe we should speak less and listen more.

No comments:

Post a Comment