Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Higher

For unto us a Saviour came Amazing grace that takes the weight His name is hope for all the earth His name now and beyond this life God with us And You shall be called Almighty God And we shall declare Your name is higher, higher Jesus Christ Your name is glorious Your name is greater, sweeter In all the earth, higher, higher Now unto me, the Christ revealed For you so loved and love me still So great and greatly to be praised are You So great and greatly to be praised I owe You my life I will worship You forever I owe You my life I will live to bring You praises...

I listened to this song today... There are parts that I couldn't just get out of my head, like "For unto us a Saviour came Amazing grace that takes the weight," the important part is unto us, it is the fact that He came to us! The other part is "His name is hope for all the earth," not just just people in the United States, not just Christians, not just everybody alive today, but all the earth's hope is only found in Him! So many people are concerned about good causes and good intentions, but if our hope was truly in Him would we really have to worry about causes and intentions? No, but there are so many problems with things because so many people's hope really aren't based in Him! I think its ironic that so many people put their "hope" in Barack Obama and the government because in the end he's only a politician and he has a agenda of his own. He's not the answer he's just a person like you and me. This isn't a political rant this is just a statement of where people look to for the hope.

I love the end of the song because we really do owe our lives to Him because of what He was willing to do for us... So many people over look that... think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment